“Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from His mighty power. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.
Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground. So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate, and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace. In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all (the) flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”
~ Ephesians 6:10-17
In the past several years, we have been able to see the signs of the times all around us. We seem to be in a period of disasters, global economic collapse, and rapid moral decline. The course of human events can only be changed by the power of prayer and fasting.
- Wars are spreading throughout the world. The Mideast region continues to have civil unrest, causing the greatest threat of war since World War II.
- Earthquakes and volcanic activity are increasing greatly throughout the world- breaking records.
- Devastation is increasing from tsunamis, fires, floods, mudslides and other natural disasters.
- The unusual weather changes continue to break all records – and future weather seasons are expected to be more unpredictable.
- Outbreaks of epidemics, strange diseases and plagues continue to occur.
- Legalized murder in this country (the killing of the innocent) continues to destroy more people annually than deaths from all of the U. S. wars combined, since the Revolutionary War.
- The souls of our families continue to be at great risk as many people are being corrupted by today’s media, TV, movies and music.
- Sins of impurity and moral perversion have become ever more widespread and immorality has spread like an epidemic.
- Our country’s economic and financial demise is being hastened by each man-made and natural disaster.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke
Why Register to Pray, Fast, and Adore?
We encourage everyone to make a specific pledge and not just to plan on saying some prayers. Why? Have a look...
- The more specific and methodical a plan is the more likely it will be completed and fruitful. All of us have good intentions but the difference between intentions and actions is the decision of a specific course of action and choice of following it out. Intentions left general and ambiguous, make us feel as though we will do something but in reality, it is not likely unless at some point we then make a specific plan and choose to follow it. The pledge is designed to make it simple for you to have a clear plan.
- Another great benefit of the pledge is that it will help you remember to perform the prayer or work that you have committed to do. This is very important! Many of us have had good intentions but have not followed through on them, and not because we chose not to, but because just plain forgot. The pledge form commitment will help you to keep your plan in your mind because you know that you have made a promise.
- Making a pledge also helps to keep you strong in the midst of difficulty. If no one knows what I have committed to and I don't feel like doing it anymore it's much easier to just abandon it than if I have expressed my commitment to someone else.
- Finally, if you fill out the pledge form prayerfully (as we hope you will) you will actually obtain God's grace to help you to fulfill the commitment you've made. This is the most important aspect of preparing for any good work we want to do. We should always ask our Lord to give us the light and the strength to perform the work according to His good will and for His greater glory.
May God bless you and your loved ones for your prayers and sacrifices.
Fasting is an armament, as Our Lady calls it, the “arms” in which to destroy Satan’s power in your life. There are 26 main statements Our Lady has told us about fasting. The facts about fasting are as follows: *
- Fasting stops wars. 7/21/82 pgs. 130-131
- Fasting can suspend the laws of nature. 7/21/82 pgs. 130-131
- Fasting reduces punishments from God. 11/16/82 pg. 136
- Fasting is an “arm,” a weapon of significant power to defeat, of which atomic power does not compare. Atomic power has not strength to conquer Satan. 6/25/92 pg. 193
- Bread and water is the best fast. 7/21/82 pg. 130-131
- Fasting, to be powerful, must be done with the heart. 9/20/84 pg. 209
- Through fasting, the whole plan of Our Lady, that God himself planned for the world’s salvation during this special time, will be achieved. 9/26/85 pg. 222
- By giving our fasting to Our Lady, it “forces” Satan not to be able to seduce us to evil and drives him away. 9/4/85 pg. 235
- Fasting purifies our hearts from the sins of our past. (Through Confession, sins of the past are forgiven, but healing from life-long vice or memories that Satan uses against us to lead us back into sin, requires purification). 12/4/86 pg. 239
- Fasting, coupled with prayer WILL obtain EVERYTHING you ask for (the exception would be something illicit). 10/29/83 pgs. 348-349
- Fasting sanctifies you to receive the Holy Spirit. 11/4/83 pg. 349
- Humility is a fruit from fasting, when coupled with prayer. 2/10/84 pg. 366
- The present fasting in the Church is not adequate. Our Lady desires this to change. She said fasting has been forgotten in the last quarter of this century in the Catholic Church. 5/84 pg. 375
- Fasting is one element that keeps Satan from conquering us. Faith and prayer are the other two. 11/16/81 pg. 114. We, in turn, are to conquer Satan. The arms to do so are fasting coupled with prayer. 6/25/92 pg. 193
- Satan is enraged against those who fast and convert. 6/16/83 pg. 343
- Fasting for the sick can cure them along with faith and prayer. 11/26/81 pg. 115
- Fasting, along with prayer, was offered as a remedy by Our Lady to stop arguments from the Holy Priesthood. 1/21/82 pg. 121
- Fasting will bring the Kingdom of God among us. 3/14/84 pg. 153
- Fasting makes Our Lady happy. 8/5/84 pg. 157
- Fasting will make prayer more vigorous. 1/25/84 pg. 363
- Our Lady will make the maximum good come from our fast. She wants us to give our fast to her in which she “disposes of them “according to the will of God. 9/24/82 pgs. 134-135
- Fasting, coupled with prayer, especially community prayer, will protect you from Satan’s aggression in destroying marriages, creating division among priests and will crush him in his plans for obsessions and murders in society today of which Our Lady says he is responsible. 12/26/82 pg. 139
- To obtain a grace from God, it is best you let no one know you are fasting. 1/28/87 pgs. 180-181
- We are to fast out of gratitude. 9/20/84 pg. 209
- Fasting is to be encouraged in others. 2/22/88 pg. 286
- Our Lady tells us to fast to prepare for the coming of Jesus. 11/25/96
*(Page numbers are given from the book Words from Heaven, Messages of Our Lady from Medjugorje, the 7th edition, if you wish to read the whole message. It is the most authoritative book on the messages of Medjugorje. (From “Fasting” booklet published by Caritas, Birmingham, AL.)